[FOSSGIS-Talk] EGU 2015: Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Geoinformatics and Geosciences

"Peter Löwe" peter.loewe at gmx.de
Fr Dez 19 11:53:21 CET 2014

Dear colleagues,

after this year’s successful EGU session „Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) for Geoinformatics and Geosciences”, we would like to draw your attention to the upcoming deadline for the submission of abstracts for next year’s event.

This session will look at the growing role of Free and Open Source Software (FOSS) in the geosciences with a special emphasis on the interoperability among existing and future FOSS-tools within Geoinformatics. The session will be a forum for both the latest advances in FOSS-empowered research and also successful applications of existing FOSS tools for geoscientific tasks. Also, this session will discuss issues relating to publication and citation of software and other
conceptual contributions to scientific free and open source software.

The link for abstract submission can be found here: http://meetingorganizer.copernicus.org/EGU2015/abstractsubmission/17174

EGU 2015 will be held from 12 - 17 April, 2015 in Vienna, Austria.
The deadline for the receipt of abstracts is 07 January 2015, 13:00 CET.

We look forward to your participation and contribution.

Peter Löwe, Jens Klump, Dominik E. Reusser, Yann Chemin and Markus Neteler