[FOSSGIS-Talk] [Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Final OSGeo-Live 7.9 testing sprint - call to action]

Astrid Emde (FOSSGIS e.V.) astrid.emde at fossgis.de
Fr Feb 21 18:01:47 CET 2014

Hallo,

für diejenigen, die noch keine Pläne für das Wochenende haben!

Samstag und Sonntag ist der OSGeo-Live Testing Sprint für die neue Version
7.9.

Schönen Gruß

Astrid

Subject: [OSGeo-Discuss] Final OSGeo-Live 7.9 testing sprint - call to action
From:    "Cameron Shorter" <cameron.shorter at gmail.com>
Date:    Fri, February 21, 2014 12:20 pm
To:      "osgeo-discuss" <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
         "live-demo" <live-demo at lists.osgeo.org>

We are calling for help for the final OSGeo-Live testing sprint, this
weekend, 22-23 February 2014, and the following couple of days. We
really want OSGeo seasoned developers to find any outstanding issues,
rather than having them found in workshops or by new users in the
released version.

So please consider joining our testing-sprint to verify everything
works. (The many testers in our last sprint made a big difference to
quality of our 50+ applications)

 1. Sign up
    at:http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Live_GIS_Disc_Press_Release_46#Participants
 2. Download ISO from:http://aiolos.survey.ntua.gr/gisvm/7.9/
 3. Chat about your progress with us at:irc://irc.freenode.net#osgeolive
 4. Update your testing status
    at:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Al9zh8DjmU_RdGIzd0VLLTBpQVJuNVlHMlBWSDhKLXc&hl=en_GB#gid=13

We aim to have each application tested by both someone familiar with it,
and someone less familiar.

    Schedule

  * 21 Feb 2014: OSGeo-Live 7.9 RC3 available for download
  * 22 Feb 2014: UAT testing starts
  * 07 Mar 2014: OSGeo-Live 7.9 (final) sent to printers

--
Cameron Shorter,
Software and Data Solutions Manager