[FOSSGIS-Talk] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Come in, we're open! - FOSS4G-2016 registration starts today

Astrid Emde (OSGeo) astrid_emde at osgeo.org
Fr Apr 15 12:11:46 CEST 2016

-------- Originalnachricht --------
Betreff: [OSGeo-Discuss] Come in, we're open! - FOSS4G-2016 registration
starts today
Datum: 2016-04-15 12:04
Von: "Gert-Jan van der Weijden - Stichting OSGeo.nl" <gert-jan at osgeo.nl>
An: "'OSGeo Discussions'" <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>

Come in, we're open!

FOSS4G-2016 registration starts today

After several months of preparations, today is the day we happily open
the doors of FOSS4G 2016 Bonn, Germany! From the 24th to the 26th of
August hundreds (perhaps even one thousand!) users, developers, policy
makers, academics from all over the world will gather in the city of
Bonn to grasp the state of the art of free and open source geospatial
software, to be inspired by open source software study cases and data
solutions that solve real life problems and, of course, to rejoin old
friends and make new ones.

Besides the key notes, the topic talks and the 180 presentations
clustered into the core conference you can extend your own program by
joining one or more of the 40 workshops
[http://foss4g2016.org/programme.html#workshops], or by contributing
your pieces of code or documentation to one or more of the open source
geospatial projects [http://foss4g2016.org/programme.html#code-sprints]

Following the long working days of the conference, there is a a fine set
of social events prepared for you to make sure your visit to the 2016
edition of the FOSS4G conference will be an unforgettable experience.

Today is the day that registration starts. Early registration doesn't
just mean you have secured your place at this remarkable event, it also
helps us giving the conference its final shape. Therefore, if you
register before 8th of May, we award you with a 160 euro discount. Maybe
more importantly though, we have prepared a surprise for our early
birds. You have the opportunity to win one of the 50 unique FOSS4G 2016
T-shirts! Will you be one of the lucky ones?

Find all the details at http://2016.foss4.org [1] or point your browser
straight to the registration form at
http://2016.foss4g.org/attending.html#registration

On behalf of the entire FOSS4G Local Organizing Committee,

Gert-Jan

Links:
------
[1] http://2016.foss4.org/