[FOSSGIS-Talk] Einladung zu Vorlesung/Workshop "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis", Montag, 14. Juni 2021, 17:15 Uhr

Franz-Josef Behr franz-josef.behr at hft-stuttgart.de
Do Jun 10 22:12:25 CEST 2021

Liebe Kolleginnen und Kollegen,

nachfolgend eine *Einladung *an Euch/Sie zu o.g.
(hochschul-)öffentlichen Vortrag/Workshop (in englischer Sprache),
finanziert aus DAAD-Mittel "Master PG" meines Kollegen, Prof. Schröder:

  "Humanitarian Mapping and Spatial Analysis"

Somit ist der Rest der Einladung in Englisch! Der Vortrag ist Teil einer
Reihe von Weiterbildungsveranstaltungen des HFT ICA-OSGeo-Labs
<https://www.hft-stuttgart.de/vermessung/einrichtungen/labor-fuer-interoperable-quelloffene-geoinformatikanwendungen-open-data-und-standards-hft-ica-osgeo-lab>.

Viele Grüße - Franz-Josef

After our GDAL/OGR workshop I was able to organize another public
HFT/Geo4ALL/ICA/OSGeo lecture/workshop entitled *"Humanitarian Mapping
and Spatial Analysis"* given by *Rupert Allan *(see
https://rupertallan.com/ <https://rupertallan.com/>) next Monday
afternoon, at 17:15 MESZ/GMT+2. More to this topic:
https://www.sas.ac.uk/publications/mapping-crisis
<https://www.sas.ac.uk/publications/mapping-crisis>.

Rupert will talk based on his practical experiences as Former Country
Manager for Humanitarian OpenStreetMap Team (HOT) in Uganda. I met him
for the first time at FOSS4G 2018 in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and we
also could invite him to AGSE 2018
<http://applied-geoinformatics.org/agse-2018/> in Windhoek, Namibia. He
brings with himself an interesting mixture of different educational and
professional backgrounds, as eh holds a Masters in Visual Culture and
Anthropology from the University of Wales, and is a researcher
associated with the Displacement Studies Research Network (University of
Plymouth, UK), and the Manson Unit, (Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF),
London).

I am sure we will get an inspiring talk in this *meeting*.Please let me
know if you want to participate, then I will send you the Zoom invitation.

If you like you /can invite friends and colleagues/ from home or around
the world!

See you on Monday - Franz-Josef Behr