[GRASS-de] LinGis 0.1 for SUSE Linux 9.1 i386
grass at troja.net
Mi Jul 28 16:55:42 CEST 2004
We have released LinGis 0.1 for SUSE Linux 9.1 today.
LinGis is a distribution of free GIS applications and libraries in RPM
format, built for SUSE Linux 9.1 i386 in a similar way, as SUSE does it.
It's easy to install, as it can be handled by the Yast2 software
Follow these simple steps for an easy installion of the LinGIS
- in the Yast2 "Software" section choose the button "Change
Source of Installation"
- select "Add" and then "CD" in the following window
- then a new item "LinGis" will appear in the selection area
- close the "Software Source Media" window with "Finish"
- choose "Install and Remove Software", back in the Yast2
- pick "Selections" as Filter in the upper left corner
- in the list below you will find the entry "LinGis Applications", from
which you can select the applications and libraries you
want to install
- "Accept" will do the rest
LinGis contains the following applications and libraries in their current
gdal (with patch for Grass 5.7 by Radim Blazek)
The distribution is available as ISO image, or just the RPMs at the
Bugs and Feedback
In case of problems or bugs please submit a bugreport at
Or write an email to
feedback at lingis.org
your LinGis Team