[FOSSGIS-Talk] Fwd: [OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2012 announced

Astrid Emde astrid.emde at wheregroup.com
Di Feb 21 09:30:59 CET 2012

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Betreff: 	[OSGeo-Discuss] Google Summer of Code 2012 announced
Datum: 	Sun, 19 Feb 2012 20:28:00 +0100
Von: 	Anne Ghisla <a.ghisla at gmail.com>
Antwort an: 	OSGeo Discussions <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>
An: 	OSGeo Discuss list <discuss at lists.osgeo.org>

Hello all!

GSoC 2012 has been announced [1,2] and OSGeo is going to apply as
mentoring organisation, like it did successfully in past years.

What's up now? OSGeo projects that plan to take part in GSoC are
invited to put together an Ideas page on their wiki and add a link to
it on our central Ideas page [3,4], make a "call for mentors" on their
communication channels, and welcome would-be students as contributors.

Would-be students can browse the Ideas pages of previous years and
contact former students and mentors. We also suggest them to that they
introduce themselves and start contributing to the project they have
chosen, in order to get in touch with the project's community and get
familiar with the codebase.

All: take a look at the calendar [5] and spread the word about OSGeo
GSoC in real and virtual places around the world!

all the best,
Anne
OSGeo GSoC administrator

[1] http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2012