[FOSSGIS-Talk] AGILE 2014 - Workshop “Digital Earth: What the hack?” - 3 June 2014

Florian Hillen fhillen at uni-osnabrueck.de
Mi Apr 2 10:17:32 CEST 2014

/--- Apologies for cross-posting - Please distribute ---/
*
Digital Earth: What the hack?*
AGILE 2014 Workshop on advancing co-creation in smart cities
3 June 2014, Castellón, Spain
Website: http://kartoweb.itc.nl/agilehackworkshop/

*Objective*
For more than five years, hackathons, hack days, hackfests and the like
have been revolutionising software development all across our planet.
However, hackathons only succeed if they are well prepared. They need a
well-defined focus - including available data sets, programming language
and operating system to be used, challenges to be addressed, etc.
This workshop will elaborate on the possibilities of using geospatial
information and processing across multiple sectors, and thereby
implementing Digital Earth applications, i.e. applications of
next-generation Geographic Information Systems (GIS) and Spatial Data
Infrastructure (SDI). With this event, we initiate a coordinated
discussion on the topic and through published guidelines prepare the
ground for organizing future hackathons and mapathons. We will
particularly investigate possibilities for organizing parallel events as
competitions between (smart) cities.
After the event, we intent to co-author a white paper on the identified
issues, our joint conclusions and possible follow up activities.

*Your contribution*
For optimal use of our joint time, we invite everybody to submit
questions
(http://kartoweb.itc.nl/agilehackworkshop/question.html#box-what) that
he/she proposes as kick-off questions for roundtable discussions during
the workshop, questions which directly address issues to be considered
in the organization of future hack-/mapathons. We also invite you to
provide a brief and concise explanation about the relevance of your
discussion question (Deadline: 20 May 2014). Participants will have the
chance to briefly present their questions and a sub-set will be selected
for detailed discussion during a World Café.

Submission of questions can be done on the workshop website
(http://kartoweb.itc.nl/agilehackworkshop/). Here you also find the
preliminary workshop program and further information.
For questions please feel free to contact the organisers:
r.l.g.lemmens at utwente.nl

We are looking forward to meeting you in Spain!

Rob Lemmens, University of Twente - ITC
Sven Schade, European Commission - JRC
Florian Hillen, University of Osnabrück
Christine Richter, University of Amsterdam
Bernhard Höfle, University of Heidelberg
Yola Georgiadou, University of Twente - ITC

--
Florian Hillen, M.Sc.
Institute for Geoinformatics and Remote Sensing (IGF)

Phone: +49 541 969-3927
Fax:   +49 541 969-3939

E-Mail: fhillen at igf.uos.de
Web: www.igf.uni-osnabrueck.de