[FOSSGIS-Talk] [Qgis-user] Gesucht: Übersetzer der aktuellen QGIS-Dokumentation

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Mo Mai 30 21:04:36 CEST 2016

Hi Thomas,

my German is not as good as it should be, but I understand you are
trying to encourage people to attribute to the 2.16 (German) version of
QGIS-Documentation?

Note that we are actually doing this:

http://docs.qgis.org/testing/en/docs/

this will eventually become 2.16

http://docs.qgis.org/2.16/en/docs/

and when that is available, we will push text to transifex, and will
start translating via transifex.com
As soon as we have the english version there will be a german and ...
version:

http://docs.qgis.org/2.16/de/docs/

Harrisou, Yves en Alexandre and others are constantly trying to write up
new documentation.

This is done via issues which are reported and discussed here:

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/milestones/QGIS%202.16

as you can see during the development whenever somebody adds something
new, or changes something, he/she adds a tag [FEATURE] or [needs-docs]
to the commit and these issues will be automatically created.

THUS: if you or others want to help, please contact the community
emailing list:
and
http://lists.osgeo.org/mailman/listinfo/qgis-community-team

And help to get rid of all the issues in

https://github.com/qgis/QGIS-Documentation/issues

which have the milestone 2.16 (or younger).

When we have those tackled, we branch a new 'testing' branch (for the
2.x or 3.0 version of the docs), and 2.16 will be immediately available
for translation. We will reuse the old translations from 2.8 where possible.
As said all is done via Transifex.
To help translating: create an account at transifex.com
and add yourself to the QGIS-Documentation team:
https://www.transifex.com/qgis/qgis-documentation

Hope this helps (too).
And as said: more hands and heads the faster we will have
http://docs.qgis.org/2.16

Feel free to ask questions (preferably on the community or translation
emaillists

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde